In the present scenario the maximum demand for placement of students arise from IT companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, L&T Infotech, Accenture, Cognizant, HCL etc. who normally require large number of candidates for effective selection. With the team effort, the placement process has been successful during the past few years and the process is on-going.
To get a company to the campus for placements, the team establishes contact and finds out the requirement of manpower and infrastructure facilities for conducting campus selection. Sometimes, a few reputed IT companies like Infosys, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra have asked for details in the prescribed formats from the colleges in the consortium. At the initial stage they send their HR team to conduct a survey and decide the common pool centre for campus recruitment.
After necessary study of the colleges, the companies ask for the resume of eligible students of final or pre-final year of different branches as per their requirement. They finalize a suitable date for conducting the campus selection at one of the consortium colleges after consultation with all stakeholders.
Normally the sequence of campus recruitment programme followed by most of the IT companies is as follows :
Pre Placement Talk
Written Test – Aptitude/Technical and HR
Interview – Technical and HR
After the completion of the above, the companies declare the list of selected students and mention the date of sending the offer letters. Offer letters to the students are received as per the commitment from the companies and distributed to the students for their acceptance and return intimation to companies.
MRKIET PLACEMENT POLICY
- ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION FOR PLACEMENT:
- 1.1 Campus Placement is meant for the final/pre-final year students. All the students seeking placement should register for the campus placements with the Placement Office. Only registered students are eligible to participate in the placement activities.
- 1.2 Student can participate in the placement process of a company subject to the following conditions:
- The Placement Office has confirmed his/her registration.
- He/She meets the requirements/eligibility criteria specified
- By the company and
- By the MRKIET placement policy
- 1.3 All students who are interested in availing the college placement service are required to submit a Declaration of Commitment (form-1) declaring their commitment to the placement process at the time of registration for the placement.
- 1.4 All the students who are not interested in availing the college placement services are required to give a Declaration of Non Interest (form-2), before start of the placement process. Students are not allowed to withdraw their declaration, once submitted.
- REGISTRATION FOR SPECIFIC DRIVES:
- 2.1It is Mandatory for the students to register in Placement Office for the specific company placement drive.
- 2.2It is responsibility of the students to check announcements/notices/updated information displayed in the notice board of Placement office/Department notice boards.
- 2.3Students are advised go through the company website and register only if interested.
- 2.4Interested students should register on or before the date specified by the placement office. Late registration will not be accepted.
- PLACEMENT PROCESS & DISCIPLINE:
- 3.1 Students are expected to be in time for the placement process as per the announcements.
- 3.2 Attendance in PPT (Pre Placement Talk) is mandatory after registration, to be eligible for further placement process.
- 3.3 Students are allowed to quit if so desired only after the PPT, provided student give sufficient reason as to how the information given during PPT made them change their mind.
- 3.4 Students proceeding after the PPT for the next step in the selection process of a Company cannot quit in between. If a student quits in between then he/she will not be allowed to appear in any other future placement event.
- 3.5 Late comers for Aptitude/GD/Interview may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- 3.6 Any kind of misbehaviour/complaints reported by the company officials will be taken seriously & if proven the student will be debarred from future campus placements.
- 3.7 Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in placement activities. This office reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process, if their attire/appearance is unsatisfactory.
- 3.8 Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process.
- 3.9 The management decision would be final with regards to providing transport facility. Students have to accept the decision of the head of the institution/Management.
- JOB OFFERS:
- 4.1 Once a student is selected/ made an offer he/she is out of further campus placement drives.
- 4.2 If a student has been recruited by a company, the concerned student will not be allowed to appear for any other campus placements arranged by the college. However placed students may be considered for another drive on a visit of big brands or a core stream company.
- 4.3 If a student receives more than one offer owing to delay in the announcements of results by the companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer whose results are declared earlier.
- 4.4 If results are declared on the same day, the student may choose from the offers in hand and inform placement office his/her choice, within 24 hours of announcements of results.
- 4.5 Offers received from the companies must be collected as per the timings in circular/notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions therein such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student.
- 4.6 In case offers are received directly by the student from the company, the same must be intimated to the placement office within three days of receipt.
- JOINING STATUS:
- 5.1 Offered students cannot reject the offer made by the company. In case, students decide not to join the company due to valid reason, they should inform the company in writing. They are also required to submit a copy of that letter to the placement office.
For all matters not covered by the above policy, the placement office will use its discretion to take appropriate decisions